- Mean Time Between Failures on pumps over 300 HP was very low around 3-6 month average.
- Pumping capacity was greatly reduced due to valving errors requiring extra energy costs.
Our Solution – Strategic Process Management
- Developed a model to analyze pump performance. Pump technology was very immature with respect to amp meters, pressure meters, flow meters and automatic valves
- Preventative Maintenance program was non-existent for pumping systems and vibration on pumps was unacceptable. The vibration was causing frequent failures of pump seals and motors.
- Developed PM process and included a global alignment and vibration analysis team to balance pumps and ensure alignment was correct at installation.
10.3MM per year global savings.